The Policy describes the ways we collect and use your personal information on the Service and the rights and options available to you, with respect to your information.
When you access and use the Service, we will automatically collect information regarding your use of the Service, such as the frequency and scope of your use of Service, the webpages that you have visited, clicked or interacted with on the Service, the content you have viewed, the Internet protocol (IP) address from which you have accessed the Service and the browser you use, its version and language (i.e. locale) preferences.
If you submit a specific request or inquiry to us, we will ask you to provide certain personal information, depending on the request or inquiry.
In order to register and use the Service as an Editor of educational content, we will ask you to provide your name, email address and your place of work or study.
We do not intentionally or knowingly collect personal information of children who are under 13 years of age.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
· To provide you the Service, its features and functionalities;
· To send you email updates and announcements related to the Service;
· To improve and customize the experience of using the Service and develop new services;
· To provide you with support, handle complaints and contact you when we believe it to be necessary;
· To manage the administrative and operational aspects of the Service;
· To enforce the Terms and this Policy and prevent misuse of the Service;
· To comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies and competent authorities, when we have a good faith belief that our cooperation with them meets the applicable legal standards; and
· To take any action in any case of dispute involving you, with respect or in relation to the Service.
Sharing information with others
We do not sell, rent or lease your personally identifiable information to third parties for any of their marketing purposes. We share personally identifiable information with others in the following instances:
· Your personal information will be shared with our service providers and subcontractors in order to operate, maintain and enhance the Service, facilitate your use of the Service and its features and functionalities, and for the purposes described in the section titled “How we use your personal information”;
· If you have performed any act or omission that we reasonably believe to be violating any applicable law, rules, or regulations. We will share your information, in these cases, with law enforcement and other competent authorities, and with any third party, as may be required to handle any result of your wrongdoing;
· If we are required, or reasonably believe that we are required, by law, to share or disclose your information;
· In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind, involving you, with respect or in relation to the Service;
· In any case we reasonably believe that sharing your information is necessary to prevent imminent bodily harm or damage to property; and
· If we organize the operation of the Service within a different framework, or through another legal structure or entity, or if we are acquired by, or merged into, or with, another entity, provided however, that those entities agree to be bounded by the provisions of this Policy, with reasonably necessary changes taken into consideration.
In any case other than the above, we will share your personally identifiable information with others only if we receive your explicit prior consent.
We will collect anonymous and aggregated information through the Service. We will, at our sole discretion, use such anonymized information, in any way, including by making it available to any third party, for any purpose, including commercial purposes.
Editors may review the personal information they provided to us upon registration, by sending us a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you, an Editor, find that your personal information is not accurate, you may request to have it corrected. In order to handle your requests regarding your personal information, we will require that you provide us with additional information in order to verify your identity.
We retain the information collected from users, for as long as we deem necessary for our business needs. We will delete this information from our systems, without notice to you, once we deem it is no longer necessary for our business needs.
Transfer of data outside your territory
The Service, by its nature as an online service, stores and processes information in various sites throughout the globe. If you are a resident in a jurisdiction, where transfer of your personal information to another jurisdiction requires your consent, then you provide us your express and unambiguous consent to such transfer.
Cookies and other trackers
The cookies contain a variety of information, such as information relating to your login details as an Editor, as well as information regarding your use of the Service.
These cookies are saved on your computer’s hard drive. If you wish to block the Service’s cookies, please refer to the help menu in your browser and follow the instructions there. However, bear in mind that disabling cookies could complicate or even prevent you from accessing or using the Service, or certain features thereof.
We do not respond to signals or mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about their online activities over time and across third-party services.
When you use the Service, other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party services. We do not control or endorse in any way, the privacy practices of such third parties.
We use SSL encryption to encrypt the login details you, as an Editor, transmit to our servers when logging in to the Service. This measure helps minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss, or unauthorized access or use of your login details.
However, this measure is unable to provide complete information security. Therefore, we cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that the Service and its servers will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
We may, from time to time, change this Policy. Substantial changes will take effect 30 days after we post an announcement on the Service, of such changes. Other changes will take effect 7 days after we post an announcement on the Service. However, if we amend the Policy to comply with legal requirements, the amendments will become effective immediately upon their initial posting, or as required.
You agree to be bound by all changes made in this Policy. Your continued use of the Service after the amended policy has become effective, will indicate your acceptance of the amended policy. If you do not agree with the amended policy, you must avoid any further use of the Service.
You may send us requests, questions and complaints to email@example.com. We will make efforts to address your inquiry quickly.
Updated: December 30, 2015.